To be a universal centre of excellence in training, research, outreach and consultancy services in agriculture, veterinary, biomedical, environmental and natural resource sciences in order to realize sustainable and secure livelihoods.
To pursue and maintain a world-class leadership role in the quest for knowledge by way of quality research, capacity building, consultancy and innovative outreach in order to contribute to agricultural productivity for poverty reduction and secure livelihoods through sustainable natural resources management.
The College of Agriculture and Veterinary Sciences is committed to realizing its vision and mission. It operates within certain treasured beliefs, which have contributed to its success. The college shall:
- Uphold professionalism and ethics in all its dealings with its stakeholders.
- Be accountable and transparent in all its operations.
- Uphold integrity, honesty and quality in training and all other activities.
- Promote participatory management and effective teamwork in all its activities and operations.
- Promote and maintain linkages with industry, other institutions and alumni.
- Uphold dignity of all members of staff and students.
- Recognize and esteem ideas and innovations.
The College of Agriculture and Veterinary Sciences is guided by the following principals in order to achieve its vision;
- To manage the college efficiently
- To produce quality and holistic graduates in agricultural, veterinary and environmental sciences
- Advance and consolidate scientific and technological innovations in agriculture, veterinary and environmental sciences
- To enhance the competitiveness of CAVS as a centre of excellence in agricultural, veterinary and environmental sciences
All students and staff in the College will embrace these values which will remain the cornerstone in service delivery.