The Regional Universities Forum for Capacity Building in Agriculture (RUFORUM), a network of 129 Universities in 38 African Countries, is pleased to announce the 2021 RUFORUM Young African Entrepreneurs Competition (RUYAEC). The overall purpose of the RUFORUM Young African Entrepreneurs Competition (RUYAEC) is to catalyze entrepreneurship through promotion of business innovation and provision of seed funding to young entrepreneurs with creative and innovative business ideas among African youth. RUYAEC, through an online application, invites young African entrepreneurs and incubates below 35 years of age to compete for 20 awards that show case their innovations, enterprises, business concepts and propositions.
This fourth round (see previous rounds here) of the RUFORUM Young Innovators Competition will be an Africa-wide competition and hence it will target all African countries. The awards will be made in Cotonou, Benin during the RUFORUM Triennial Conference in December, 2021.
RUFORUM targets to provide 20 awards to young innovators and entrepreneurs in the following fields: Food and agribusiness, Incubations, ICTs, Health, Engineering, Natural resources, and Meteorology, among others. All the 2016, 2018, and 2019 RUFORUM Young Innovators Awardees are NOT eligible to apply.
The RUYAEC operates within one of RUFORUM’s values and principles of creativity seeking to offer opportunities to develop innovative solutions both in addressing the problems faced by smallholder farmers, and in managing research projects in remote areas. Eligibility Applications are invited from enterprises and individuals that meet the following eligibility criteria.
• Persons with an established business enterprise and/or those with innovations that can potentially be commercialized and/or those with business concepts
• The business enterprise/potential enterprise should have a defined business model that show case the innovativeness of the proposed enterprise/business/innovation.
• Persons in the age category 16-34 years
• Submissions should be in English or French using the template provided.
• Be a citizen and resident in any of the African countries. • Not one of the 2016, 2018 and 2019 RUFORUM Young Innovators Awardees
All applications should be submitted through the website: www.ruforum.org/younginnovators
Note: Applicants should download the application form from the website, fill it and upload online Deadline for submissions is 15th April, 2021, Time: 23:59 GMT.
Additionally, you can visit a Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) page of the website.